Zesty Quinoa Salad
My friends Kristin and Jeanne both recommended this week's recipe.
Jeanne shared that she makes variations of this dish throughout the year, changing up the vegetables with whatever is in season. Right now, she's making it with tomatoes, cucumbers, and corn.
I'm going to make it for my family tonight and add in some chicken.
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup quinoa
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes, or more to taste
- 1 ½ cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 5 green onions, finely chopped
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Bring water and quinoa to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until quinoa is tender and water has been absorbed, 10 to 15 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, whisk olive oil, lime juice, cumin, salt, and red pepper flakes together in a small bowl.
- Combine quinoa, tomatoes, black beans, and green onions in a large bowl. Pour dressing over quinoa mixture; toss to coat. Stir in cilantro; season with salt and black pepper.
- Serve immediately or chill in the refrigerator.