Recipe of the Week
It’s the time of year for backyard barbecues, potlucks, picnics, and bonfires. These Red, White, & Blue Cream Cheese Stuffed Strawberries, shared by Megan on our team, are the perfect dessert for your Fourth of July celebration, and really, all of your summer events!
Made with just 4 ingredients, they're super fast and easy to make. They look so pretty and are a true crowd pleaser!
- 24 + large fresh strawberries (1 1/2 to 2 lbs, depends on how much you fill them)
- 1 (8oz) package cream cheese, room temperature or softened slightly
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- Cut the stems from the strawberries, so the strawberries can sit cut-side down.
- Cut a deep "X" from the tip down, being careful not to cut all the way through.
- Beat the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla in a bowl with a hand mixer until nice and fluffy.
- Gently open up each strawberry and pipe the filling inside using a pastry bag or zip-top bag with a star piping tip. Don't have a pastry bag or piping tip? Just cut off the corner of a zip-top bag and squeeze the cheesecake filling inside the strawberries that way.
- Top each filled strawberry with a blueberry. These are best served after the strawberries have been chilled for at least an hour. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 3 days depending on how firm/soft the strawberries are
My favorite breathing technique is 4-7-8 Breathing. It’s a calming practice that helps soothe a ruminating mind. It acts as a simple mindfulness meditation to help us get out of our own head, relax, reduce anxiety, and even fall asleep.
Please try this 5 minute guided practice. I promise that you’ll feel better.
Arts & Crafts Inspiration
I’m not a super artsy-craftsy person, but I’ve started a tradition where I head to Pinterest and pick one festive craft for the Fourth of July holiday celebration. This is the craft I’ve picked for this year. So fun, right?
Live well. Be kind.