Recipe of the Week
This week’s fast and easy recipe, Arugula Pesto Pasta, comes from the Cooking with Trader Joe’s Cookbook: Gluten-Free Edition. (You can find the cookbook for a steal on a number of used book sellers’ websites!)
- 12 oz (¾ bag) of brown rice penne pasta
- 1 (16 oz) package Sweet Basil Pesto Chicken Sausage, sliced (I used Sweet Italian Chicken Sausage)
- 1 (8 oz) container pesto (I used the Trader Joe’s Vegan Kale, Cashew & Basil Pesto)
- 3.5 oz (½ package) arugula (I LOVE arugula, but you could certainly use spinach)
- Shredded or grated Parmesan cheese, for garnish (optional)
- Boil pasta is salted water, according to package instructions.
- While pasta is boiling, pan-fry sausage in a lightly oiled pan. Although the sausage is fully cooked, pan-frying imparts a nicely browned color.
- When pasta is cooked, drain. Immediately stir in pesto until noodles are coated.
- Toss in warm sausage slices and arugula. Heat from pasta and sausage will slightly wilt arugula.
- Sprinkle with Paremsan cheese.
I also added sautéed onions to this dish and some Salty Provisions Lemon + Pepper seasoning. Chef’s kiss.
Visit Your Local Library
Have you been to a library lately?! Emma and I went yesterday and I was reminded how much I absolutely love libraries!
Emma picked out books on Color Theory and I picked out Paleo Cookbooks. We would have gone to more sections, but we already had 17 books and thought that was enough for one visit.
We decided we needed to make trips to the library our new GNO
(Girls Night Out).
PS - Do you follow the Milwaukee Public Library on Instagram: @milwaukeepubliclibrary - Their reels are HILARIOUS! Do yourself a favor and check them out. (Pun intended).
Small Business Recommendations - Candles!
I am fortunate to know several super talented candle makers. If you’re looking for candles as holiday gifts this year, please consider the following awesome human beings who make fantastic candles.
Live well. Be kind.