Nourish Together - Weekly Newsletter - 12/8/22
Recipe of the Week
I had a few very ripe pears that I needed to use and came across this Paleo recipe for Spiced Pear Muffins with Nut Topping. These naturally sweetened muffins were delicious!
Scott and Emma enjoyed them so much they asked me to make another batch. I hope you like them, too!
Trust Each Moment
Trust. Trust. Trust. Again and again. See how much of your pain, your anguish, your tension arises simply from not trusting the absolute perfection of the moment. I’ve lost my way. I’m off track. I’m somehow wrong- in the wrong place at the wrong time, doing the wrong thing. Where I’m going is a dead end. Oh, dear…
You are not off track. You haven’t lost your way. You’re going somewhere worth going. Somewhere magnificent beyond the ability of your mind to comprehend. By trusting the perfection of each moment, you give yourself a gift: permission to enjoy the journey.
Don’t just take the trip.
Let yourself enjoy the ride.
Excerpt from Journey to the Heart by Melody Beattie
Winter Fun List
I spend a lot of time at events, but as the holiday season winds down, my weekends open up and I’ll be able to spend much more time with my family. Here’s what I want to enjoy with them.
- Go on a Christmas Light Scavenger Hunt at one or more events that are part of the Milwaukee Lights Festival
- Read Christmas Children’s Books with Emma
- Watch a Christmas Movie
- Go Snowshoeing and/or Winter Hiking
- Listen to It’s a Marshmallow World in the Winter by Dean Martin (Done!)
- Enjoy an Outdoor Winter Bonfire
- Build a Puzzle
- Go on a Sleigh Ride
- Buy New Pajamas
- Attend Christmas at the Basilica
- Enjoy a Weekend Getaway at a Cozy Cabin
Live well. Be kind.