Solar Plexus: Self-Manifestation
What are the Chakras?
The Sanskrit word chakra translates to a “wheel” or “disk.” In yoga, meditation, and Ayurveda, this term refers to wheels of energy throughout the body. There are seven main chakras that align along the spine, starting from the base of the spine to the crown of the head.1
Chakras store the energy of thoughts, feelings, memories, experiences, and actions. Chakra healing refers to the idea that when all of our chakras are open, energy can run through them freely, and harmony exists between the body, mind, and spirit, creating a sense of overall well-being.
Don’t worry if this sounds “woo-woo” to you at first. Honestly, it did to me, too. Now that I’ve done more research, though, I understand that this is all about holistic connection. Let’s dig in.
Solar Plexus Chakra
The Sanskrit word for Solar Plexus Chakra is “Manipura.” “Mani” means “gem” and “Pura” means “city.”
The Solar Plexus Chakra is the center of personal power, self-esteem, willpower, and self-discipline.
Universal Color: Yellow
Location: Upper belly at the diaphragm
Associated Body Parts: Stomach, Pancreas, Liver, Diaphragm, Small Intestine
Balanced Chakra: You have a strong sense of your own authentic power and how to use it in healthy ways. You use your power and influence for good in the world. 2 You exude confidence (without being arrogant), feel self-motivated, and have a sense of purpose.
- Healthy digestive system
Blocked Chakra: You give your power to others in an effort to keep the image of peace. You easily take on other people’s energy. You feel blocked, unable to act or move. 2 You suffer from low self-esteem, have trouble making decisions, and have control issues.
- Low confidence, insecure
- No sense of purpose
- Feel powerless or victimized
- Poor digestion
- Liver problems
Following are MANTRAS that help open and balance the Solar Plexus Chakra:
- I am strong, powerful, and confident.
- I give myself permission to be my authentic self.
- I take responsibility for my life.
- I am aligned with my purpose.
- I can achieve anything I set my mind to.
- I am worthy of success.
- I work with ease and flow.
- I stand up for myself.
- I respect myself at all times.
- I choose health, healing, and happiness.
- I forgive myself for past mistakes.
I am enough. I have always been enough. I will always be enough.
Following are ACTIVITIES that help open and balance the Solar Plexus Chakra:
- Spend time around fire and allow the light to calm and energize you
- Meditate with candles
- Sit by a bonfire
- Burn fiery incense
- Spend time outside in the sun
- Go somewhere that challenges you to work hard and face your fears
- Imagine a glowing yellow light above your belly button
- Practice Yoga, especially these poses: Cat-Cow, Sun Salutation, Downward-Facing Dog, Cobra, Plank, Crescent, Triangle Pose, Bow, Boat, Knees-to-Chest
- Yoga for your 3rd Chakra - Solar Plexus Chakra Yoga Class - Five Parks Yoga
- Third Chakra Yoga - Yoga with Adriene
- Solar Plexus Chakra Flow - 45 min Manipura Yoga for POWER
- Listening to Music that corresponds to the Solar Plexus Chakra (320 Hz)
Following are HEALING FOODS that help open and balance the Solar Plexus Chakra:
-Yellow Foods: Pineapple, Lemons, Squash, Beans, Peppers, Bananas, Brown Rice, Millet, Oats, Quinoa, Amaranth
-Ginger, Turmeric, Mint, Milk Thistle, Lemon Balm
Following are ESSENTIAL OILS that help open and balance the Solar Plexus Chakra:
Lemon, Grapefruit, Bergamot, Black Pepper, Cardamom, Rosewood, Lavender, Rose, Rosemary, Eucalyptus, Frankincense, Sandalwood, Chamomile, Cassia, Clove, Coriander, Davana, Fennel, Ginger, Wintergreen
Following are CRYSTALS that help open and balance the Solar Plexus Chakra:
Citrine, Amber, Yellow Topaz, Yellow Jasper, Tiger’s Eye, Golden Healer, Pyrite, Sunstone, Aragonite, Moonstone, Golden Labradorite
Our special Solar Plexus Chakra Roller Blend contains Black Pepper, Cardamom, Davana, Grapefruit, and Citrine Crystals, which support personal power, self-esteem, confidence, and empowerment.