Roasted Red Pepper Soup
This week's recipe comes from Dr. Sarah Axtell, my naturopathic doctor who believes that "food is medicine."
Dr. Axtell said about the soup, "Did you know that a cup of red peppers has almost 3x more vitamin C than an orange?! This soup is a delicious way to incorporate more immune-supportive vitamin C in your diet AND sneak in some other nutrient-packed veggies as well.
I use jarred roasted red peppers to make it easy. The whole family is sure to like this one. This makes a large batch of soup- I freeze half for later!"
- 3 cups roasted veggies (I use cauliflower, onion, garlic, and carrots. Roast in the oven for 25-30 minutes with a drizzle of avocado oil, salt, pepper, smoked paprika, and turmeric)
- 6 cups bone broth
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 jars of roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- 1 TBSP white miso paste (this gives it a burst of flavor!)
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large soup pot, bring broth to a boil. Add roasted veggies. Reduce heat to low.
2. Add roasted red peppers, coconut milk, and miso paste. Remove from heat.
3. Using an immersion blender, blend the soup until smooth.
4. Season with salt and pepper.
🌿Enjoy! Food is medicine!