Recipe of the Week
Scott, Emma, and I read that leeks are one of the best foods for balancing your microbiome, so we decided to try this Vegan Potato Leek Soup! Everyone loved it so much that we made another batch the next night. It’s THAT tasty.
This is a huge week of events for Nourish and I’ve been incredibly intentional about protecting my energy so I can SHOW UP in a big way and enjoy every moment.
Here’s how I take extra good care of myself when I have big things on the horizon:
- Prioritize sleep, hydration, and eating well
- Say “no” to almost all meetings - schedule them AFTER your event(s)
- Stretch and move your body - I workout everyday, but I’m a little gentler with myself right before events. Here’s the workout I pieced together yesterday. It was enough to stir up heat, but not so challenging that it exhausted me
- Ask for help wherever you can - It takes a village. Don’t be a martyr.
- Focus - I remind myself this is NOT the time to take on a new project or task, no matter how enticing it looks. I need to ensure that I’m totally prepared, otherwise I’ll be rushing around, up too late, etc. In fact, I’ve already activated my “Out of Office” message so I’m not distracted as I finalize preparations
- Have fun - I’ve done professional events for 15+ years. Not everything will go perfectly. Give yourself grace, go with the flow, and enjoy!
One of My Favorite Things
(NOT sponsored, just sharing a product I use and love)
I’ve never really been big on sleep masks, but knew it was time for one when I had an abundance of early morning sunlight streaming through my windows. After reading several reviews, I purchased the MZOO Sleep Eye Mask.
Friends, I’m thrilled to report that this mask is awesome! It completely blocks the light. It’s made of memory foam, is soft and comfortable, and has contoured eye cups that put zero pressure on the eyes.
I’ll be purchasing one for Emma, too.
Nourish's Upcoming Events
Bonjour! We’re so excited to be participating in Bastille Days!
Come join us for Milwaukee’s popular French festival and one of the nation’s largest French-themed celebrations! You’ll enjoy live music, an international marketplace, French and Cajun cuisine, and roaming entertainment.
Thursday, July 14 - Sunday, July 17
Cathedral Square, Milwaukee
11:00 a.m. - 11:30 p.m. (Thurs - Sat)
11:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. (Sun)
Live well. Be kind.