Nourish Together - Weekly Newsletter - 6/9/22
Recipe of the Week
Big thanks to Katie on our team for sharing this week’s recipe: Tortellini Pasta Salad.
This addictive Tortellini Pasta Salad is tossed with a flavorful homemade dressing and is sure to vanish quickly at your next party or BBQ!
Wellness Practice: Celebrate the Successes!
How often do you really take the time to celebrate the wins in your life? If you're like me, you probably don’t do this nearly often enough.
Some of the reasons you don’t celebrate might be:
- You feel you can’t slow down, you’ve got to get onto the next thing, the next accomplishment.
- You’ve set such a high bar that no matter how great the feat is it’s never good enough. You focus on the small things that didn’t go perfect while the rest of it went well.
- You’re scared that if you pause to celebrate, you’ll take your eyes off the bigger goal and start slacking.
- You’ve been taught or conditioned by your upbringing or environment to be modest; celebrating is seen as arrogant or a way to brag.
- You think you can only celebrate the really big life-altering goals so you ignore the smaller wins.
The thing is that taking the time to recognize and celebrate your success has many, many benefits. Read this article for 10 ways that savoring these past successes can benefit your life.
Making a Life Podcast
I’ve loved every podcast experience I’ve had, but this one just felt extra special. I joined my friends, Alison + Lindy, of The Local, for their Making a Life Podcast and spoke about my journey through postpartum anxiety, learning the tools of mindful self-compassion & kindness, what I do to protect and cultivate my energy, and so much more. (Oh, yeah, and a bit about Nourish, too.) I listened to the podcast again this morning, and it was exactly the message I needed to hear.
In addition to listening to my episode, I recommend the podcast in its entirety. Alison + Lindy highlight stories of inspiration, hope, and perseverance from those who have followed their dreams and made a life they love.
Live well. Be kind.