Nourish Together - Weekly Newsletter - 5/5/22
Recipe of the Week
I love starting my day with a smoothie. It helps me get in loads of nutrition, including: fruits, veggies, seeds, probiotics, and protein. Following is my recipe, which makes a (very) large smoothie.
Jamie’s Morning Smoothie
- 1 Banana
- 1 Scoop of Alive & Vibrant Green Superfood Mix (Locally made!)
- 1 Scoop of Collagen Peptides Powder (My favorite brand is Vital Proteins - Costco has the best pricing)
- 1 Scoop of Hemp Hearts
- 1 Scoop of Flax Meal
- Yogurt or Coconut Kefir (My favorite is Vanilla from Slow Pokes Local Food)
- 1 Scoop of Nut Butter (I’m currently in a peanut butter kick, but I also enjoy almond butter)
- 1 Package of frozen Clovis Farms Organic Smoothie Mix with Blueberries, Strawberries, Raspberries, Kale, Spinach, and Bananas
Combine all ingredients in a blender (I use a NutriBullet) and fill with water. Blend and ENJOY!
"How wonderful is it that we laugh because our bodies cannot contain the joy!"
I know many of you listen to Glennon Doyle’s podcast, “We Can Do Hard Things.” Did you catch last week’s episodes on menopause?
- #90: Menopause: What We Deserve to Know with Dr. Jen Gunter
- #91: Better Sex & Lives in Menapause with Dr. Jen Gunter
I listened to both and went on to purchase both of Dr. Jen Gunter’s sassy & spirited books:
I must admit, before listening to the podcast, I knew very little about menopause. While I think I’m still a few years off from the menopause transition, I want to empower myself with knowledge to confidently navigate these changes when they do come.
My forties have been my favorite decade yet, and I want to continue embracing the aging process with compassion, curiosity, strength, and grace.
Nourish's Upcoming Events
We’re so honored to be participating in these two amazing events this Saturday!
We’ll have all of our products with us, including gifts galore for: Mother’s Day, Graduation, and Teacher Appreciation.
I’ll be in Tosa and Dawn & Kaitlin will be in Brookfield! We’d love to see you!
Saturday, May 7
Tosa Locally Made Pop Up
The Landing at Hoyt Park
10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Saturday, May 7
Stonewood Village Makers Market
10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Local Maker Gift Guide
If you’re thinking a little something different than a Nourish gift for Mother’s Day, how about one of these amazing, locally made products:
- Greeting Card from Tiny and Snail
- Flowers from Locker’s Florist
- Terrarium from Milwaukee Terrarium Company
- Candle from Big White Yeti, Blossom Candle Co
- Jewelry from Infinite Warrior, Maebel, A Little Something, A Lot of Love, Emm west, Silverwear by Misty, Beckhillco, Cadorah, The Fancy Bird, Pam Sable
- Art from James Steeno Gallery, Jenny Kyle Smith, Sam Hanson Doodle, Expressively You Art, Evelyn Fin Art, Lilly and Sparrow Co.
- Macrame from Half Moon Macrame, Beyaz Bohemia, T for Textile
- Gourmet Popcorn from LUSH
- Gourmet Flavored Salts from Full Circle Healing
- Desserts from Bunny's Bite, Madame Macaron MKE, Nothing Bundt Cake, Donut Monster
- Tea from Outwoken
- Inspirational Mug from Wild & Precious Boutique
- Artisan Soap from Halo, Fern & Nettle
- Body Scrub from Oak and Elizabeth
- Cool Sweatshirt from GILTEE
- Massage Certificate from Flora & Stone Massage Therapy
- Yoga Certificate from Collective Flow, Empower Yoga, Helium Hot Yoga
- A unique gift from any of our incredible Retail Partner Boutiques
Wrap any of these gifts in sustainable fabric gift wrap by Swathe.