Recipe of the Week
This week’s recipe is One-Pot Lemon Broccoli Pasta with Parmesan.
It’s a hearty pasta dish with bright, fresh flavors that is ideal for busy weeknights. The Parmesan adds just the right amount of saltiness and umami flavor, and you get added texture from the slight crunch of the broccoli. Toss in some shredded rotisserie chicken, grilled shrimp, or crispy chickpeas to punch up the protein.
This recipe was shared by my sweet friend, Tammy Snider, who owns Emmy Lou Bags. Check out her wristlets - you’ll want them ALL!
I’ve been tending to low back pain this past month. I believe that our emotions manifest physically, so I’ve been getting curious about what the pain might be trying to tell me. The back represents our support system, so problems with our back could mean that we feel we are not being supported. It could also link to fear of not having enough or being enough.
Following are questions I’ve been considering (after I roll on the Nourish Root Chakra Blend):
- In what ways do I need to nurture myself to feel more supported?
- Do I allow myself to receive help from others when I need it? If not, why and how can I change that and open myself up to more support?
- How can I care for my physical body to feel more secure?
In addition to investigating emotional manifestations, I’ve been tending to the pain by:
- Applying the Nourish Sore Muscle Relief Roller Blend
- Visiting the Chiropractor
- Using a heating pad
- Practicing yoga, especially this 45-Minute Yoga Flow for the Low Back video (while it doesn’t have the highest quality video production, it has excellent yoga instruction)
Do you ever suffer from back pain? What has helped you?
Small Business Recommendation
Everyone on our team loves Milwaukee-based wellness company, Artery Ink!
Artery Ink embraces body positivity and education through custom, hand drawn designs that are placed on t-shirts, beanies, stickers, cards, and more!
All of their artwork is done collaboratively. It's a mix of traditional pen drawings and digital design.
Ellie on our team shared, “I have so many items from Artery Ink! They create art that celebrates our bodies, minds, and overall wellness. They have the most unique designs that make especially great gifts for healthcare workers!
Please check them out. Not only are they immensely talented artists, they are positive, joyful, caring, generous, and all-around awesome human beings.
Live well. Be kind.