What are the Chakras?
The Sanskrit word chakra translates to a “wheel” or “disk.” In yoga, meditation, and Ayurveda, this term refers to wheels of energy throughout the body. There are seven main chakras that align along the spine, starting from the base of the spine to the crown of the head.1
Chakras store the energy of thoughts, feelings, memories, experiences, and actions. Chakra healing refers to the idea that when all of our chakras are open, energy can run through them freely, and harmony exists between the body, mind, and spirit, creating a sense of overall well-being.
Don’t worry if this sounds “woo-woo” to you at first. Honestly, it did to me, too. Now that I’ve done more research, though, I understand that this is all about holistic connection. Let’s dig in.
The Sanskrit word for Crown Chakra is “Sahasrāra” which means “thousand-petaled.”
Universal Color: Violet
Location: Crown (top) of the head
Associated Body Parts: Pineal gland, upper brain, right eye
The Crown Chakra is the center of energy and consciousness.
Open Chakra: You feel connected to divine energy and sense that you are being watched over and cared for. You know you deserve immense blessings. You feel tremendous gratitude for the universal love and appreciation you feel toward yourself and others. 2
Closed Chakra: You feel no connection or guidance from a higher power. You feel unworthy of spiritual help and angry that your higher power has abandoned you. You suffer from migraines and/or tension headaches. 2
The following MANTRAS help open and balance the Crown Chakra.
- I maintain a strong spiritual connection.
- I seek experiences that feed my soul.
- I am grateful for the good in my life.
- I honor my divine nature.
- I live in the moment.
- I trust my intuition.
- I am in alignment with my purpose.
- Peace flows to and through me.
Following are ACTIVITIES that help open and balance the Crown Chakra:
- Meditate and imagine a glowing white light at the top of your head
- Go somewhere that inspires you and reminds you of the vastness of the universe
- Ask for and notice signs and synchronicities
- Set the intention to connect
- Journal: Crown Chakra Journal Prompts
- Crown Chakra: Vin to Yin - Yoga with Kassandra
- Crown Chakra: Yoga Practice to Welcome Integration
- (ADVANCED POSES) Crown Chakra Balancing - Alo Yoga
- Crown Chakra - Powerful Healing Meditation Music
- Crown Chakra Healing Music
- Crown Chakra - Beautiful Chorus
Following are HEALING FOODS that help open and balance the Crown Chakra:
Since this chakra is more spiritual than physical, it’s not nourished with food in the same way as other chakras. Its “fuel” is prayer, meditation, and fasting.
Following are ESSENTIAL OILS that help open and balance the Crown Chakra:
Frankincense, Vetiver, Helichrysum, Rose, Blood Orange, Lemon, Petitgrain, Neroli, Sandalwood, Palo Santo, Jasmine
Following are CRYSTALS that help open and balance the Crown Chakra:
Amethyst, Clear Quartz, Selenite, Labradorite, Moonstone
Our special Crown Chakra Blend contains Frankincense, Blood Orange, Petitgrain, Neroli, and Amethyst Crystals, which bring a sense of tranquility, amplify energy, and ease stress.